By Kirk Schreifer
20 Questions...Answered is a reproducible ESL/EFL reading-and-discussion textual content for fake rookies, or for precise newbies who've already had approximately 8 months of guideline within the language. each one unit examines a component of lifestyles at the moment of curiosity. From well known curiosity in Dinosaurs, within the net, in cosmetic surgery, in Cameras within the court, and in Endangered Species, 20 Questions...Answered covers all of them, and plenty of more!
Put particularly it seems that, 20 Questions...Answered is filled with informative tales, with workouts, on subject matters of curiosity to the fashionable scholar. themes contain: 1. Dinosaurs 2. smooth artwork three. DNA four. pcs five. Lasers 6. The English Language 7. asthma eight. worldwide Warming nine. desires 10. Marijuana eleven. quick meals 12. cosmetic surgery thirteen. Political Correctness 14. Alzheimer´s illness 15. inventory Markets sixteen. Cameras within the court 17. South Africa 18. Martial Arts 19. Astrology 20. Earthquakes.
Read Online or Download 20 Questions...Answered, Book 1: Informative Stories on Topics of Interest to the Modern Student PDF
Best english as a second language books
"Technical English, Vocabulary and Grammar" goals that will help you bring up your wisdom of technical English and strengthen your vocabulary and grammar. by means of operating throughout the fabrics you'll want to turn into extra actual and extra applicable in various key technical contexts. The publication can be utilized by yourself (self-access) or at school (as a part of a course).
Grammarway: With solutions point three
Good points: * Pre-reading questions and actions. * Topic-related vocabulary routines. * Comprehension money and interpreting talents workouts. * dialogue and writing actions. * Spelling and punctuation principles and perform. * Self-tests to evaluate development. * Accompanying Audio CDs for What an international 1 and a couple of let scholars to hear at domestic or at school.
- Codeswitching (Multilingual Matters)
- Have fun with vocabulary : quizzes for English classes
- English for Specific Purposes
- Oxford Bookworms Factfiles: Stage 4: 1,400 Headwords Great Crimes
- Writing American Style: An ESL/EFL Handbook
Additional info for 20 Questions...Answered, Book 1: Informative Stories on Topics of Interest to the Modern Student
4) Computers have the _____________________ ability to link up and talk with other computers. 7) Computer advances point to a global _____________________ in the way humans communicate. 8) Computer-related jobs are among the most rapidly growing _____________________ fields. 10) PCs can perform from 16 to 66 million _____________________ per second. 11) Future models will also boast the ability to _____________________ the user’s voice. 4-5 ANSWER KEY THE MAIN IDEA a) The impact of computers on modern society.
12) The language _____________________ changed when William Caxton invented the printing press. 13) Many words of French origin were _____________________ to the English language. DOWN: 2) Three barbaric _____________________ left Germany and crossed the North Sea. 3) The printing press provided _____________________ and hundreds of exact copies of books. 4) Books and papers were _____________________ individually by hand. 5) In Britain the Anglo-Saxons _____________________ to speak in their native German tongue.
C) he was an English teacher. d) he looked down on people who had bad spelling or grammar. INTERPRETATION 1) Some people believe that one or another tongue is the most beautiful, the most exact or the most versatile language in the world. Others disagree. What is your own view? Explain 2) Obviously, in many places it is very useful to know English, at least as a second language. But what other languages can also be very practical to learn? Give some examples and explain. 3) What is the most difficult thing about English?
20 Questions...Answered, Book 1: Informative Stories on Topics of Interest to the Modern Student by Kirk Schreifer