By Geoffrey Leech, Jan Svartvik
I purchased a e-book, a communicative grammar of english for my spouse from amazon. in truth, i have never regretted I did this. The e-book got here in sturdy time and is operating wonders for my spouse in her English literature path. This booklet is adorable, very beautiful, and written such that it could possibly simply be learn and contents understood. My spouse is utilizing the booklet in Ghana and she or he is a champion in class.
Read or Download A Communicative Grammar of English PDF
Best english as a second language books
"Technical English, Vocabulary and Grammar" goals that will help you raise your wisdom of technical English and strengthen your vocabulary and grammar. through operating during the fabrics you have to develop into extra exact and extra applicable in various key technical contexts. The ebook can be utilized by yourself (self-access) or at school (as a part of a course).
Grammarway: With solutions point three
Gains: * Pre-reading questions and actions. * Topic-related vocabulary workouts. * Comprehension money and analyzing abilities routines. * dialogue and writing actions. * Spelling and punctuation ideas and perform. * Self-tests to evaluate growth. * Accompanying Audio CDs for What a global 1 and a pair of let scholars to pay attention at domestic or at school.
- English vocabulary in use (upper-intermediate and advanced)
- Grammar and Vocabulary for Cambridge Advanced and Proficiency: With Key
- English for Everyone. English Grammar Guide
- Exercises on Idioms
- Five-Minute Activities for Young Learners (Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers)
Extra resources for A Communicative Grammar of English
You filled out the form incorrectly. 12. Her brother has her car today. 13. The little boys were playing with the new pups. 14. The doctor placed a cast on his broken ankle.
1. My cousin broke the vase. 2. We never played chess. 3. I usually wrote my letters in pencil. Complete and Incomplete Actions 49 4. There was a loud noise in the hall. 5. Someone knocked at the door. 6. Laura wanted a diamond ring. 7. Most of the time, she worked in a drugstore. 8. My son visited me once a year. 9. The men frequently stopped for a cool drink. 10. I continually asked for your help. 11. She rarely risked her money on a bet. 12. Donald fainted. 13. We watered the lawn every day.
Somebody will remember to . 2. We have forgotten to . 3. I have tried to . 4. Somebody has attempted to . 5. Will he manage to ? 6. The weather had seemed to . 7. She will arrange to . 8. I had wanted to . 9. The lawyers have agreed to . 10. You have failed to . 11. We have promised to . 12. The boys will have learned to . 13. The women will ask to . 14. Several of them had prepared to . 15. I will have failed to . 24 English Verb Drills 3 Linking and Intransitive Verbs Linking Verbs To Be Linking verbs combine the subject of a sentence with an adjective, a noun, or a pronoun that follows the verb.
A Communicative Grammar of English by Geoffrey Leech, Jan Svartvik