By Chang-Hee Won, Cheryl B. Schrader, Anthony N. Michel
This volume—dedicated to Michael okay. Sain at the celebration of his 70th birthday—is a suite of chapters protecting fresh advances in stochastic optimum regulate idea and algebraic platforms idea. Written through specialists of their respective fields, the chapters are thematically geared up into 4 parts:
* half I specializes in statistical keep an eye on theory, the place the price functionality is considered as a random variable and function is formed via fee cumulants. during this admire, statistical keep watch over generalizes linear-quadratic-Gaussian and H-infinity control.
* half II addresses algebraic platforms theory, reviewing using algebraic platforms over semirings, modules of zeros for linear multivariable platforms, and zeros in linear time-delay systems.
* half III discusses advances in dynamical platforms characteristics. The chapters specialize in the soundness of a discontinuous dynamical process, approximate decentralized fastened modes, direct optimum adaptive keep watch over, and balance of nonlinear structures with restricted information.
* half IV covers engineering education and incorporates a designated bankruptcy on theology and engineering, certainly one of Sain's most recent learn interests.
The booklet might be an invaluable reference for researchers and graduate scholars in structures and regulate, algebraic platforms thought, and utilized arithmetic. Requiring basically wisdom of undergraduate-level keep an eye on and structures concept, the paintings can be utilized as a supplementary textbook in a graduate direction on optimum keep watch over or algebraic platforms theory.
Read or Download Advances in Statistical Control, Algebraic Systems Theory, and Dynamic Systems Characteristics: A Tribute to Michael K. Sain PDF
Similar linear programming books
From its origins within the minimization of vital functionals, the concept of 'variations' has developed tremendously in reference to functions in optimization, equilibrium, and regulate. It refers not just to limited circulate clear of some degree, but additionally to modes of perturbation and approximation which are most sensible describable by way of 'set convergence', variational convergence of features' and so on.
It is a reliable publication containing much approximately excessive accuracy computation. Ten difficulties are mentioned with info regarding many components of arithmetic. loads of codes of many arithmetic software program are proven with a beneficial appendix. an online web page of this publication can also be a spotlight. you can also perform with it exhaustingly and enjoyably.
From the reviews:"The goal of this publication is to check endless dimensional areas, multivalued mappings and the linked marginal services … . the cloth is gifted in a transparent, rigorous demeanour. in addition to the bibliographical reviews … references to the literature are given in the textual content. … the unified method of the directional differentiability of multifunctions and their linked marginal services is a awesome function of the ebook … .
This e-book could be regarded as an advent to a different dass of hierarchical platforms of optimum regulate, the place subsystems are defined by way of partial differential equations of varied varieties. Optimization is performed through a two-level scheme, the place the heart optimizes coordination for the higher point and subsystems locate the optimum strategies for self reliant neighborhood difficulties.
- Adaptive Scalarization Methods in Multiobjective Optimization (Vector Optimization)
- Geometric function theory and nonlinear analysis
- Convexity and Optimization in R-n
- Nonsmooth Approach to Optimization Problems with Equilibrium Constraints: Theory, Applications and Numerical Results
- Practical methods for optimal control and estimation using nonlinear programming
- Optimal Control of Singularly Perturbed Linear Systems and Applications (Automation and Control Engineering)
Additional info for Advances in Statistical Control, Algebraic Systems Theory, and Dynamic Systems Characteristics: A Tribute to Michael K. Sain
K. Sain, B. F. , and S. R. Liberty, Generalized LQG Techniques for the Wind Benchmark Problem, Special Issue of ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics on the Structural Control Benchmark Problem, Vol. 130, No. 4, April 2004. K. D. Pham, M. K. Sain, and S. R. Liberty, Cost Cumulant Control: StateFeedback, Finite-Horizon Paradigm with Application to Seismic Protection, Special Issue of Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Edited by A. Miele, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York, Vol.
276–305, 1976. S. R. Liberty and R. C. Hartwig, Design-Performance-Measure Statistics for Stochastic Linear Control Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-23, Number 6, pp. 1085–1090, December 1978. Introduction and Literature Survey of Statistical Control [LAH94] [MG90] [Oks89] [PI97] [PBGM62] [PSL02] [PSL04] [Pha04] [RS93] [Run94] [Sag68] [Sai65] [Sai66] [Sai67] [SS68] [SL71] [SWS92] 25 D. J. N. Limebeer, B. D. O. Anderson, and D. Hendel, A Nash Game Approach to Mixed H2 /H∞ Control, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.
Liberty, Infinite Horizon Robustly Stable Seismic Protection of Cable-Stayed Bridges Using Cost Cumulants, Proceedings American Control Conference, Boston, MA, USA, pp. 691–696, June 2004. K. D. D. Dissertation, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, May 2004. L. Ray and R. Stengel, A Monte Carlo Approach to the Analysis of Control System Robustness, Automatica, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 229–236, 1993. T. Runolfsson, The Equivalence Between Infinite-Horizon Optimal Control of Stochastic Systems with Exponential-of-Integral Performance Index and Stochastic Differential Games, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.
Advances in Statistical Control, Algebraic Systems Theory, and Dynamic Systems Characteristics: A Tribute to Michael K. Sain by Chang-Hee Won, Cheryl B. Schrader, Anthony N. Michel