By Louise Rebraca Shives MSN ARNP CNS
The up-to-date 7th variation of this revered studying textual content grants the clinically crucial content material psychiatric and psychological future health nurses have to perform with self assurance. Spanning the continuum of care, this variation might help you excel in quite a number settings, enhance buyer and kin schooling talents, and construct the self-awareness you wish as a member of the interdisciplinary care workforce. The book's wealth of recent studying good points and dynamic full-color layout mix to create a fascinating knowledge-builder you are going to flip to back and again.
Skill-building gains are your guideposts to success!
- Bio-psycho-social model offers a high-quality studying framework that's emphasised through the text.
- Self-awareness prompts in each bankruptcy problem you to envision your individual ideals and attitudes approximately taking care of mentally ailing clients.
- Multiple-choice, NCLEX®-style questions for assessment and examination guidance contain right and improper solutions with rationales.
- An array of information bettering features—from web assets to key phrases, Key ideas, and habitual icons that spotlight every one step of nursing analysis and management—ensure that you just by no means pass over a step.
- Critical pondering questions and studying activities positioned your problem-solving skills to the test.
New to the 7th Edition...
- New bankruptcy on forensic nursing is helping you construct the observational and investigative talents key to this evolving region of nursing practice.
- New content material on spirituality, additional to the bankruptcy on cultural and moral concerns, may help you construct more desirable healing relationships with clients.
- Updated psychopharmacological material contains severe info at the most recent medications, their therapy purposes, and limitations—plus precis tables that spotlight the most important medicines used for every disorder.
- The most modern diagnostic criteria mirror DSM-IV-TR standards.
- Evidence-Based perform Boxes during the textual content pressure the price of study findings in guiding therapy choices.
A scholar source CD-ROM certain into every one e-book contains scientific simulations for significant melancholy and schizophrenia, psychotropic drug monographs, over three hundred NCLEX®-style evaluation questions, and film viewing guides.
Read Online or Download Basic Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing (Point PDF
Similar psychopathology books
The second one version of Psychoeducational teams presents an outline of educational theories including guidance for carrying out psychoeducational teams. new chapters conceal workforce making plans and themed periods with certain populations.
This insider account offers much-needed information regarding an issue of accelerating curiosity: individuals with Asperger Syndrome (AS) operating in administration positions. Johnson attracts on his own studies to provide an explanation for how parts corresponding to the operating surroundings, handling employees, staff dynamics and workplace politics could have a profound impression on paintings functionality.
The Golden Gate Bridge is likely one of the such a lot recognizable constructions to outline a contemporary urban. but, for writer Kevin Hines the bridge isn't really purely a marker of a spot or a time. in its place, the bridge marks the start of his impressive tale. At 19 years outdated, Kevin tried to take his personal lifestyles via leaping off the Golden Gate Bridge - a distance which took 4 seconds to fall.
The 1st version of Cognitive habit treatment of DSM-IV character problems broke new floor. It differed from different CBT books by way of delivering short yet thorough straight forward assets for clinicians and scholars in making plans and imposing potent remedies. The 3rd version of this vintage textual content keeps this practice by way of supplying practitioners―both training clinicians and people in training―a hands-on guide of powerful, evidence-based cognitive and behavioral interventions for those not easy issues.
- The Science and Fiction of Autism
- Family Therapy Techniques
- The Psychology of Genocide, Massacres, and Extreme Violence: Why "Normal" People Come to Commit Atrocities
- Behavioral Science In Medicine
Extra info for Basic Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing (Point
New York: Routledge. Florida Nurse. The International Parish Nurse Endorsed Standard Curriculum for Parish Nurses. September 2004, p. 18. Freud,A. (1946). The ego and the mechanisms of defense. New York: International Universities Press. , & Billings, C. (1993). Primary mental health care: A vision for the future of psychiatric–mental health nursing. American Nurses Association Council Perspectives, 2(2),1. Hamlin, L. (2000). Parish nursing: Ties faith and healing. Vital Signs, 10(23), 6–7. Hoppel, A.
National Society for Mental Hygiene was founded in 1909. Large state mental hospitals were built in rural areas. Linda Richards, the first graduate nurse in the United States, suggested that mentally ill clients receive the same quality care as physically ill clients. Student nurses received clinical experience in state mental hospitals. Textbooks focusing on psychiatric nursing practice were written. Educational objectives for undergraduate psychiatric nursing education were discussed at National League for Nursing conventions.
As technology becomes cheaper and more reliable, and demand for this convenient delivery method grows, experts predict more dramatic changes in the delivery of health care in the 21st century after legislative, technical, and practice barriers are overcome. Confidentiality issues, imperfect software, faulty equipment, and reimbursement issues present challenges. Finally, forensic nursing is expected to become one of the fastest growing nursing specialties of the 21st century. Forensic nursing focuses on advocacy for and ministration to offenders and victims of violent crime and the families of both.
Basic Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing (Point by Louise Rebraca Shives MSN ARNP CNS