By Dayan Hava, Chan Kwok-bun (auth.)
This quantity explores the character of air of mystery because it debts for the luck of leaders. air of mystery is deconstructed and illustrated during the "case reviews" of 3 influential leaders in Singapore. Cultural concerns are mentioned and management features as a rule are explored.
Read Online or Download Charismatic Leadership in Singapore: Three Extraordinary People PDF
Similar leadership books
Your cash can swap the world
The impression Investor: classes in management and process for Collaborative Capitalism bargains particular information on what, precisely, influence making an investment includes, embodied within the stories and top and confirmed practices of a few of the world's so much winning influence traders, throughout asset sessions, geographies and components of impact.
The ebook discusses the parameters of influence making an investment in extraordinary element and readability, supplying either context and instruments to these desirous to interact within the generational shift within the method finance and company is being approached within the new period of Collaborative Capitalism.
The e-book offers an easy thesis with readability and conviction: "Impact making an investment will be performed effectively. this can be what good fortune appears like, and this is often what it calls for. " With much-needed classes for practitioners, the authors view effect making an investment as a harbinger of a brand new, extra "multilingual" (cross-sector), obvious, and dependable kind of financial leadership.
The effect Investor: classes in management and approach for Collaborative Capitalism serves as a source for a number of avid gamers in finance and enterprise, including:
• traders: It demonstrates not just the categories of investments which might be ecocnomic and impactful, but in addition info most sensible practices that, with roots in influence making an investment, will more and more play a task in undergirding the luck of all funding strategies.
• Wealth advisors/financial providers execs: With remarkable element at the cutting edge buildings and techniques of effect making an investment cash, the ebook offers suggestions to monetary associations on how you can contain those investments in consumer portfolios.
• Foundations: The e-book explores the various catalytic and leading edge methods for for-profit and non-profit traders to associate, amplifying the aptitude social and environmental affects of philanthropic spending and market-rate endowment investment.
• company scholars: by way of together with thoughts for making sound impression investments in keeping with specified case experiences, it presents concrete classes and explores the talents required to reinforce clients for fulfillment as a finance and company professional.
• coverage makers: Reinforcing the urgency of constructing a supportive and allowing atmosphere for impression making an investment, the ebook demonstrates methods coverage has already formed the field, and indicates new methods for policymakers to help it.
• company leaders: The ebook comprises crucial recommendation at the method company is and has to be responding to a brand new new release of Millennial consumers and shoppers, with exact insights right into a type of price production that's inherently extra collaborative and outcomes-driven.
Each association wishes stable management for you to win opposed to the contest. via his personal own tale and people of 9 different Rangers, Barber illuminates primary classes approximately what it particularly takes to win. those first-person bills of trial and triumph spotlight the significance and the inherent fact of the Army’s such a lot basic management ideas: looking and taking accountability in your activities, and figuring out your self and looking self-improvement.
The basic Wooden--more management classes from the wood playbook the fundamental wood is the final word assortment of Wooden’s reviews and observations on reaching unprecedented management in any association, with two hundred valuable classes for inspiring championship functionality. trainer wood deals his hard-won knowledge on construction a firm that plays at its complete capability stressed, from getting ready and coaching the staff to instilling own force and commitment.
This prestigious quantity comprises the court cases of the first Asia-Pacific Water summer time, the 1st ever water summit to be convened on the earth. The topic of this summit used to be "Water defense: management and Commitment". Attended via many high-level dignitaries, leaders of the area made commitments and introduced projects to take on the water problem.
- The Small BIG: Small Changes That Spark Big Influence
- Inspiring Leadership: Learning from Great Leaders
- Attitude 3
- The Secret: What Great Leaders Know - And Do
- Play Like You Mean It: Passion, Laughs, and Leadership in the World's Most Beautiful Game
Additional resources for Charismatic Leadership in Singapore: Three Extraordinary People
C. Schrag’s Existence and Freedom (1961). 5 In Existentialism and Humanism (1952). 4 30 3 Explaining Charisma: A Nondeterministic View receives them. Hence, to him, the human mind is capable of directing itself in different ways and selecting its objects of reference. It can be said to create its own experience, and thus experience is not just waiting (in a deterministic sense) to impinge itself on human consciousness. ”7 He is “condemned” because he did not create himself, yet in other respects, he is free because once thrown into the world—he is responsible for everything he does.
Determinism As leadership is situated in a macro–micro dialectic, it embeds a philosophical (and ontological) discussion regarding human determinism vs. freedom. This is a dilemma that is sociologically reflected in the long battle between different interpretive action theories—the macro deterministic vs. the micro subjective. It is quite reasonable to assume that research on charismatic leadership cannot be based on the idea of “fatalism,” simply because fatalism would leave no role for human intervention (not even of a leadership kind).
In this respect, charismatic leaders are one such dramatic example, and the particular analysis of their action can promote further understanding of human agency within social, dual structures in general. This kind of human agency is consistent with Giddens’s emphasis on agents that are active, intentional, knowledgeable, and powerful. His agents have the ability to make a difference in the social world, and he says: Action logically involves power in the sense of transformative capacity … to be an agent is to be able to deploy a range of causal powers, including that of influencing those deployed by others.
Charismatic Leadership in Singapore: Three Extraordinary People by Dayan Hava, Chan Kwok-bun (auth.)