By David A. Baron, Visit Amazon's Claudia L. Reardon Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Claudia L. Reardon, , Steven H. Baron
This publication has all of it - written through nationwide and overseas specialists and edited through global experts, it's the first booklet on game psychiatry in over a decade. facing psychopathology, psychological illnesses and scientific administration, it differs markedly from activities psychology books that target functionality matters. consuming problems, workout habit, drug abuse are all difficulties which are noticeable in 'everyday' athletes, not only elite performers. This booklet exhibits easy methods to help.
This textual content covers crucial themes in modern activities psychiatry/psychology from a global point of view. bankruptcy authors are specialists within the box and worldwide leaders within the comparable specialist organisations, together with present and earlier Presidents/Chairs of the foreign Society for activities Psychiatry and of the realm Psychiatric organization part on workout and activities Psychiatry. Authors are quite often psychiatrists: the remainder are PhD recreation psychologists.
The ebook contains consultant bankruptcy authors from worldwide, to an volume remarkable during this subject. The authors and editors are well-informed in international views, e.g., having served as specialists to various Olympic groups, as well as provider at the overseas Society for activities Psychiatry's Board of Directors.
Specifically, this booklet covers 4 major different types of topics:
1) psychological well-being demanding situations confronted by way of athletes (including substance use issues, workout dependancy, consuming problems, melancholy, suicide, and concussion),
2) remedy techniques and healing concerns with athletes (including varieties of psychotherapy for psychiatric problems, psychotherapeutic functionality enhancement techniques, transference and countertransference matters, success by means of proxy, psychotherapeutic matters as utilized to some of activities which are performed all over the world, and use of psychiatric medicinal drugs in athletes),
3) psychosocial matters affecting athletes (including sexual harassment and abuse, cultural matters, and ethics issues), and
4) the sphere of activities psychiatry (including paintings inside one universal activities psychiatry perform environment, and present prestige of and demanding situations within the box of activities psychiatry).
There is a growing to be desire for this ebook. Performance-enhancing medicinal drugs, use of psychotropics in impaired athletes, head trauma, sexual abuse, consuming issues, ethics, and melancholy and suicide in athletes, are only the various well timed topics addressed during this textual content. this is often the single entire reference to be had for these operating within the box (or simply attracted to it) to refer to for present details on those themes. the present activities psychology texts all specialise in functionality concerns, with little, if any, consciousness paid to those components of medical value. The e-book addresses the center changes among activities psychiatry and activities psychology, in addition to the components of overlap. Emphasis is put on how the disciplines should still interact in diagnosing and treating athletes facing emotional tension and psychopathology.
Chapters contain case examples and particular objectives indexed before everything, in addition to tables and graphs to focus on key concepts.
Read or Download Clinical Sports Psychiatry: An International Perspective PDF
Best psychopathology books
The second one variation of Psychoeducational teams presents an outline of tutorial theories including instructions for engaging in psychoeducational teams. new chapters hide team making plans and themed periods with detailed populations.
This insider account presents much-needed information regarding a subject matter of accelerating curiosity: individuals with Asperger Syndrome (AS) operating in administration positions. Johnson attracts on his own studies to give an explanation for how components resembling the operating setting, coping with employees, workforce dynamics and workplace politics may have a profound impression on paintings functionality.
The Golden Gate Bridge is among the such a lot recognizable constructions to outline a contemporary urban. but, for writer Kevin Hines the bridge isn't really purely a marker of a spot or a time. as an alternative, the bridge marks the start of his impressive tale. At 19 years outdated, Kevin tried to take his personal lifestyles by way of leaping off the Golden Gate Bridge - a distance which took 4 seconds to fall.
The 1st version of Cognitive habit treatment of DSM-IV character issues broke new floor. It differed from different CBT books through delivering short yet thorough trouble-free assets for clinicians and scholars in making plans and enforcing powerful remedies. The 3rd version of this vintage textual content keeps this practice by means of offering practitioners―both training clinicians and people in training―a hands-on guide of powerful, evidence-based cognitive and behavioral interventions for those tough problems.
- Taking America Off Drugs: Why Behavioral Therapy Is More Effective for Treating ADHD, OCD, Depression, and Other Psychological Problems
- Classifying Psychopathology: Mental Kinds and Natural Kinds
- Substance Abuse Intervention, Prevention, Rehabilitation, and Systems Change
- Abnormal Psychology, 7th Edition
Extra info for Clinical Sports Psychiatry: An International Perspective
41. Ishekov NS, Sidorov PI, Solovyev AG. (2000) Clinical peculiarities of chronic alcoholism in former sportsmen. Alcoholic Disease 12, 1–3. 3 Doping in Sport David A. Baron,1,2,3 Claudia L. Reardon,4 and Steven H. Baron5 International Relations and Department of Psychiatry, Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, USA 2 Keck Medical Center at University of South California, USA 3 Global Center for Exercise, Psychiatry, and Sports at USC, Health Sciences Campus, USA 4 Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, USA 5 Montgomery County Community College, USA 1 KEY POINTS r Virtually all doping agents are presumed to have short- and/or long-term health implications for users, but such effects have not been well studied.
Drug screening in athletic settings. Current Problems in Pediatrics 1994; 24:344–359. 11. Franke WW, Berendonk B. Hormonal doping and androgenization of athletes: a secret program of the German Democratic Republic. Clinical Chemistry 1997; 43:1262–1279. 12. Elliott S. Erythropoiesis-stimulating agents and other methods to enhance oxygen transport. British Journal of Pharmacology 2008; 154:529. 13. McDuff D, Baron D. Substance use in athletics: a sports psychiatry perspective. Clinics in Sports Medicine 2005; 24(4):885–897.
Selig AH. An open letter to baseball fans. Los Angeles Times, 16 June 2006. 32 Clinical Sports Psychiatry 18. Moss HB, Panzak GL, Tarter RE. Personality, mood, and psychiatric symptoms among anabolic steroid users. American Journal on Addictions 1992; 1(4):315–324. 19. Miller KE, Hoffman JH, Barnes GM, et al. Adolescent anabolic steroid use, gender, physical activity and other problem behaviors. Substance Use & Misuse 2005; 40(11):1637–1657. 20. McKanna TA, Toriello HV. Gene doping: the hype and the harm.
Clinical Sports Psychiatry: An International Perspective by David A. Baron, Visit Amazon's Claudia L. Reardon Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Claudia L. Reardon, , Steven H. Baron