By Juan C. Samper
Delivering the most up-tp-date insights on horse breeding, this ebook covers the complete reproductive procedure, common and irregular mare body structure, and quite a lot of reproductive difficulties normally noticeable in either the mare and stallion. insurance contains complicated reproductive thoughts, with quite a few breeding techniques that can assist you in achieving optimum fertility rates.
- Features the most up-tp-date details on hand on equine replica, together with the most recent remedies and coverings for breeding disorder, in addition to advances in reproductive techniques
- Focuses on treatment and remedy to supply practitioners with easy access to key information
- Features the shared adventure and beneficial recommendation of world-renowned specialists who've first-hand wisdom of which remedies and cures are so much effective
Read or Download Current Therapy in Equine Reproduction, 1e PDF
Best veterinary medicine books
Instruction manual of Primate Husbandry and Welfare covers all features of primate care and administration either within the laboratory atmosphere and in zoos. From the welfare and ethics of primate captivity via to housing and husbandry platforms, environmental enrichment, dietary necessities, breeding concerns, primate illnesses, and extra info on transportation and quarantine court cases, this booklet presents a very finished advisor to solid husbandry and administration of primates.
Minimally invasive concepts became the normal in human healthcare over contemporary years. the benefits of are massive, and the concepts became reasonable normally veterinary perform. The handbook information the gains and use of either versatile and inflexible endoscopic apparatus. uncomplicated diagnostic and healing recommendations are defined and illustrated, with a number of references to extra complex tactics.
''Tasks for the Veterinary Assistant, 3rd Edition'' offers functional, step by step directions for getting ready and acting quite a lot of veterinary supporting initiatives. With elevated assurance of enormous animal and unique restraint, anatomy and body structure, foodstuff and feeding, electronic radiography, and digital scientific documents and purchaser conversation, this revised version now contains why and while to accomplish every one activity with the practise and technique details.
- Adams and Stashak's Lameness in Horses (6th Edition)
- Poultry genetics, breeding, and biotechnology
- Current Therapy in Equine Medicine
- Xie's Veterinary Acupuncture
Additional resources for Current Therapy in Equine Reproduction, 1e
Mares presented to a breeding farm often are in diestrus. It is not uncommon, however, for these mares to have large-size follicles on one or both ovaries. The absence of uterine edema together with a tight cervix generally constitutes an indication that the mare is in diestrus. Such mares often are given prostaglandin to induce their heat. The appearance of endometrial edema in these mares will depend on the size of the follicle at the time of treatment. Mares with follicular size greater than 30 mm will display uterine edema sooner than those mares with smaller follicles.
2. Foss R, Wirth N, Schiltz P et al: Nonsurgical embryo transfer in a private practice (1998). Proceedings of the 45th Annual Convention of the American Association of Equine Practitioners, pp 210-212, 1999. 3. Allen WR, Rowson LEA: Control of the mare’s oestrous cycle by prostaglandins. J Reprod Fertil 1973; 33:539-543. 4. Douglas RH, Ginther OJ: Route of prostaglandin F2a injection and luteolysis in mares. Proc Soc Biol Med 1975; 148:263-269. 5. Nie GJ, Goodin AN, Braden TD et al: Luteal and clinical response following administration of dinoprost tromethamine or cloprostenol at standard intramuscular sites or at the lumbosacral acupuncture points in mares.
24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 31 Annual Convention of the American Association of Equine Practitioners, p 246, 2001. Nie GJ, Johnson KE, Braden TD et al: Use of an intra-uterine glass ball protocol to extend luteal function in mares. J Equine Vet Sci 2003; 23:266. Cunningham GR, Goldzieher JW, de la Pena A et al: The mechanism of ovulation inhibition by triamcinolone acetonide. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1978; 46:8. Asa CS, Ginther OJ: Glucocorticoid suppression of oestrus, follicles, LH and ovulation in the mare.
Current Therapy in Equine Reproduction, 1e by Juan C. Samper