By James Robbins
The Globe & Mail's no 1 enterprise publication of the Year!
"ALL IN, all of the TIME"
Low functionality and excessive turnover isn't the results of lazy, apathetic staff. It's now not approximately reducing budgets. And it's no longer a few poor economy.
It's approximately management that doesn't have interaction employees.
In 9 mins on Monday, management guru James Robbins argues that worker engagement comes all the way down to something: a continuing commitment to assembly the common wishes that force functionality excellence. In today's chaotic, high-stakes enterprise surroundings, you possibly can get distracted from management duties via concentrating on projects handy rather than on process. but if you overlook to maintain your management priorities in entrance of you, every person suffers--your employees, your company and, in any case, you.
Whether you lead a small crew or a whole association, you’ll realize the 9 keys to elevating productiveness, boosting morale, and lengthening worker engagement. 9 mins on Monday combines confirmed engagement drivers and rules of human motivation right into a basic approach of execution that would exhibit speedy effects. inside of you'll find:
• The "9 Minute" template for keeping concentrate on your management priorities--no topic how busy you are
• 3 key questions to help you attach objective to paycheck in your staff
• A four-step formulation for addressing subpar functionality and using complacency from the workplace
• an easy training version for fast-track employees development
• 4 reward/recognition instruments that might depart your staff feeling valued and motivated
• the only uncomplicated task that would forge deep bonds of belief among you and your employees
• Three key materials that would instantly raise the incentive point of any employee
Being an outstanding chief is rarely effortless, yet Robbins breaks all of it down into crucial parts to bare its basic simplicity. 9 mins on Monday is your highway map to igniting goal, ardour, and engagement between your staff contributors. grasp and practice the instruments and methods inside of, and your staff can be prompted, encouraged, and outfitted to deliver their most sensible to paintings each day.
Quick and easy management classes for enhancing functionality, morale, and engagement
"James Robbins is an excellent observer, philosopher, and storyteller. He additionally has exceptional insights approximately how leaders can assist staff turn into extra attached to their paintings atmosphere. He weaves jointly own tales with considerate management insights right into a compelling e-book. If leaders will do the 9 mins he indicates each one Monday morning, they'll turn into what we've got referred to as ‘meaning makers' who bring huge, immense price to their staff, shoppers, traders, and communities." -- Dave Ulrich, professor, Ross college of commercial, college of Michigan; accomplice, The RBL workforce; coauthor, The Why of Work
"It particularly works! Robbins presents uncomplicated and functional instruments to aid all managers get at the street towards changing into nice leaders. those 9 easy-to-use ideas are proper to today's paintings setting and but so frequently neglected. thanks for supporting me to make a distinction to my team." -- Sue Travis, HR supervisor, Lowe's
"Every supervisor on your office wishes this ebook. functional and simply potential rules that would aid flip your managers into actually inspiring leaders." -- Michael Kerr, "The place of work Energizer" and writer of placing Humor to Work
"Great effortless learn with plenty of useful functions for leaders seeking to increase their online game and very make a distinction within the lives of these they lead." -- Debbie Stein, CFO AltaGas
Read Online or Download Nine Minutes on Monday: The Quick and Easy Way to Go From Manager to Leader PDF
Similar leadership books
Your cash can switch the world
The effect Investor: classes in management and technique for Collaborative Capitalism bargains targeted information on what, precisely, effect making an investment includes, embodied within the studies and most sensible and confirmed practices of a few of the world's so much winning effect traders, throughout asset periods, geographies and parts of impact.
The e-book discusses the parameters of effect making an investment in remarkable element and readability, delivering either context and instruments to these desirous to have interaction within the generational shift within the method finance and company is being approached within the new period of Collaborative Capitalism.
The ebook provides an easy thesis with readability and conviction: "Impact making an investment might be performed effectively. this is often what good fortune appears like, and this is often what it calls for. " With much-needed classes for practitioners, the authors view impression making an investment as a harbinger of a brand new, extra "multilingual" (cross-sector), obvious, and liable type of fiscal leadership.
The effect Investor: classes in management and approach for Collaborative Capitalism serves as a source for a number of avid gamers in finance and company, including:
• traders: It demonstrates not just the categories of investments which might be ecocnomic and impactful, but additionally info most sensible practices that, with roots in influence making an investment, will more and more play a job in undergirding the good fortune of all funding strategies.
• Wealth advisors/financial providers pros: With unparalleled element at the leading edge buildings and methods of impression making an investment money, the publication presents information to monetary associations on the way to include those investments in customer portfolios.
• Foundations: The ebook explores the various catalytic and cutting edge methods for for-profit and non-profit traders to associate, amplifying the capability social and environmental affects of philanthropic spending and market-rate endowment investment.
• enterprise scholars: by means of together with recommendations for making sound impression investments in accordance with certain case reports, it presents concrete classes and explores the abilities required to reinforce clients for achievement as a finance and enterprise professional.
• coverage makers: Reinforcing the urgency of constructing a supportive and allowing atmosphere for impression making an investment, the e-book demonstrates methods coverage has already formed the sphere, and indicates new methods for policymakers to aid it.
• company leaders: The booklet comprises crucial recommendation at the means company is and has to be responding to a brand new iteration of Millennial consumers and shoppers, with targeted insights right into a type of price production that's inherently extra collaborative and outcomes-driven.
Each association wishes solid management so one can win opposed to the contest. via his personal own tale and people of 9 different Rangers, Barber illuminates primary classes approximately what it fairly takes to win. those first-person bills of trial and triumph spotlight the significance and the inherent fact of the Army’s so much basic management ideas: looking and taking accountability on your activities, and realizing your self and looking self-improvement.
The basic Wooden--more management classes from the wood playbook the fundamental wood is the final word assortment of Wooden’s evaluations and observations on attaining unprecedented management in any association, with 2 hundred valuable classes for inspiring championship functionality. trainer wood bargains his hard-won knowledge on development a company that plays at its complete strength stressed, from getting ready and coaching the group to instilling own force and commitment.
This prestigious quantity includes the court cases of the first Asia-Pacific Water summer time, the 1st ever water summit to be convened on the earth. The subject matter of this summit used to be "Water safeguard: management and Commitment". Attended by way of many high-level dignitaries, leaders of the area made commitments and introduced tasks to take on the water problem.
- Leadership 2.0
- Crisis management for corporate self-defense: how to protect your organization in a crisis-- how to stop a crisis before it starts
- Big Data, Big Analytics: Emerging Business Intelligence and Analytic Trends for Today's Businesses
- Strengths Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow
- Leading Change
Additional resources for Nine Minutes on Monday: The Quick and Easy Way to Go From Manager to Leader
They’re lighter, cleaner, and more efficient than conventional cars, and have just as much power. We missed the HEV boat a decade ago and are playing catch-up. ’’ Rachel began. ‘‘Taylor Motors needs to apply Lean thinking in every part of its business. We’ve done pretty well in manufacturing. Now we need to go upstream and downstream. ’’ She let the words sink in. ‘‘We also need to do something extraordinary, to win back the customer’s trust. The two are connected. The former is the means to the latter.
Looking into mine, she said, ‘‘I see a long journey . ’’ If I wanted the job, I had my family’s support. As ever, they were putting my needs first. When we got home that night, I called Andy Saito. He listened quietly then suggested we have dinner at the Iron Horse, our regular hangout near NJMM. ’’ I asked. ’’ Andy responded. ’’ The following week I drove out of the NJMM parking lot and headed to Bill Quigley’s, an old, established dealership that had survived the purges of the past year. Dealers are a sore spot in the car business.
As ever, they were putting my needs first. When we got home that night, I called Andy Saito. He listened quietly then suggested we have dinner at the Iron Horse, our regular hangout near NJMM. ’’ I asked. ’’ Andy responded. ’’ The following week I drove out of the NJMM parking lot and headed to Bill Quigley’s, an old, established dealership that had survived the purges of the past year. Dealers are a sore spot in the car business. State franchise law prohibits us from selling directly to the public, so we have to sell through dealers.
Nine Minutes on Monday: The Quick and Easy Way to Go From Manager to Leader by James Robbins